Saturday, October 20, 2007

 
Retraction from an Unhappy Customer

Don't you hate it when you publicly rant one of your occasional opinions and then find out you are completely full of hot air? That happened below and I'll fess up. It seems that the regular blood tests they were giving me were to monitor the amount of blood thinner in my blood, and that the inadvertent wake-up was them turning off the IV because I had too much and it had to be turned off for an hour. My only valid complaint was that they don't coordinate the people taking blood with the people taking vital signs, having them go together (and wasting precious human capital resources as a result.)

I had the opposite experience post-surgery. The nurses decided that I was sleeping like a baby, and didn't wake up when they spoke to me, so they skipped giving me my pain medication. Waking up an hour and a half later in pain had me really PO'd that they'd not woken me up. The best part about being at home is knowing I can wake up in a stupor from a sound sleep from the alarm I set myself, and take my pain killers.

Let's face it. A hospital has unhappy customers just about by definition, and an unhappy customer complains no matter which way it goes.

Comments:
I am the guy who commented on your last post and agreed with your complaint.

Folks, I went along with this dude and am now retracting my agreeing with him because I didn't have all the facts. Doh!

I would like to add that on my "visit" to a hospital for something serious, something involving surgery and the removal of an important, functional organ, I wrote down the names of a couple of very helpful nurses, wrote an email to their boss complimenting them and the help they gave me, and their supervisor emailed back and said I was the first person to ever do that. All they ever got was complaints.

My bad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?